Sunday, June 26, 2011

Blog #3

The article was extremely informative and I think that it does a great job of helping us better understand the importance of what we are doing and how making e-portfolios can be a tremendous help to our growth as a teacher as well as a great way for students to access information.  The one that stuck out to me was AFL should promote commitment to learning goals and a shared understanding of the criteria by which they are assessed.  The reason I chose this one is because I think that having an educational portfolio gives you a great way to feel like everything you are working on is part of a bigger project and working toward a goal.

I feel that the oppurtunities for students to grow can be greatly enhanced by portfolios because it is a great way to allow them to find information in one spot that they can easily access.  Also, if they created one themselves that they were responsible for then it would be easier for them to keep up with assignments and easily access them at any moment.  It would also give them more creativity in how they create their individual portfolio and you could easily set out the rules and guidelines for what you expect out of them.  As teachers we would need to make sure to fully explain how hopes for the class and what we are expecting but at the same time let them know that they are in control of their experience in the class.

I think this will only help my development as a teacher and allow me to further use technology to help my students better access and understand what I am trying to convey to them.  Hopefully I will be able to work with it enough to get fully comfortable using it so that way I can better translate that to my students.

1 comment:

  1. And don't forget the authentic audience possibilities for portfolios. You can have others review them and if students know that they have another audience besides the teacher, they will take more pride in their work!

    ReplyDelete