Saturday, June 11, 2011

Blogging in the Classroom

The one thing that I loved about college is that I was able to put my opinions in beliefs in more of my work instead of just reading a book and giving a review.  Early in our lives school is just what we are told and we are never able to further our learning by challenging ourselves to create and implement our own views and beliefs.  If we were able to use blogs to allow students to interact and make them feel more a part of the lesson I feel that it would help them to not only better understand the lesson but will also help them getting used to people having different opinions and views then their own.  This is a great skill that I think goes unlearned in schools because we are too worried about teaching for tessts instead of making sure they are actually understanding the lesson.  It's one thing to teach a student how to be healthy but it's another to inform them why it is important and the benefits of doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment